Sunday, April 17, 2011

LA to Korea

LA was fun- “Great Escape”  officially started Friday afternoon with a dinner event which included eating fried grasshoppers and maggots .  That will be will be what I think about for years anytime I need to throw up.  At dinner it was revealed our first destination would be Seoul South Korea and that we had an hour to pack and get to the airport.

ha there was a slight issue at LAX security where Trav was… um, inappropriately touched by  the screeners… I hear about this all the time and think it’s the public overacting but I witnessed this… and it was uncalled for and  absurd (although already starting to be funny, to me at least). Ha, at the time I went into straight mommy mode  and stood 2 feet from him smiling and waving—pulling candy from my purse….  while normally pretty even tempered, Trav was starting to lose his cool and I thought he was going to hit the guy.  He didn’t… and we were onto a  flight to Seoul Korea.

You know you’re madly in love with someone when a 13 hour redeye flight is fun

The thing I love the most about this competition is that it takes you to places you would probably never think about going on your own. til today my knowledge of Korea was made up of the M.A.S.H. reruns George and I used to stay up late watching as kids and a vague recollection of the musical video montages from the Olympics.   We landed wondering if there would be running water in the airport bathrooms or just the holes in the ground like there are in most of China… as it turns out—South Korea is very much first world and futher along with technology than we are in the states (3d TVs everywhere, everything seems to be touch screen activated).  

I had a lot to write when I started this but I’m crazy jetlag and starting to crash… soooo…. Accept this as my first official lame blog of the competition…. i’ll do better tomorrow.

xo


2 comments:

  1. Good job, you win the first post prize
    - other than Bill and he doesn't count ; ) .
    There should be a prize for this, keeping us wanna bees in the game. Kit&Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am glad your are blogging your adventure!! Have fun

    ReplyDelete