Tuesday, April 13, 2010

on way to Hanoi

Unless the food in Vietnam is dramatically better than the food in Hong Kong, I’m so going to lose ten pounds during this trip. Our food scavenges for charcoal cake and spoiled brought back to life eggs aside, the food in Hong kong? Eh. Chinese Food in America is severely westernized as are my taste buds. Everything we ate here tasted ok but it was all a lot oiler and in general…. squishier than anything I’m used to (Dori- Sarah would starve before she put any of this in her mouth). Plus they leave the heads on things that I’m normally used to eating sans a face staring back at me (chicken, pig, fish). I’ve been out of zone bars for 4 days. Gr.




I really enjoyed being in Hong Kong though. 2 days was the perfect amount of time and thanks to all our crazy scavenges I’m confident I saw the whole city. Each night at 8pm they have a light show consisting of all the skyline buildings and laser lights. Very cool. A huge crowd gathers on the bay to watch it--- most of them with glow sticks waving (which is hysterical).

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were not near the earthquake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worried about the earthquake too. Of course, I would worry it just being on the same continent you are on. Lyric says HI MOMMY - I miss you. This was what she meant by rubbing strawberry jam into her hair.
    We love you!!

    ReplyDelete