I’m on a 16 hour flight to Hong Kong. We left San Fran at 1:20am Saturday morning and will arrive into Hong Kong Sunday at 6:30am. So no Saturday. Ha. Cool. After much ado (read: whining) we talked our way last minute into bulkhead seats. Trav is on my left passed out ( the sweet seat was scored after he decided the only way he could manage such a long flight was to drink himself into an oblivion). On my right is Juan. Juan is a little person (seriously) who I just met when he pointed out to me that he could stretch his legs completely out and prop his feet on the wall in front of us while Travis’s knees are touching it He ended this with a “sucks to be him”. I like Juan a lot.
Great Escape consists of 7 teams of 2. Everyone is wildly interesting and this makes me happy. When we land in Hong Kong we will be given a book of “scavenges”. We have to figure out what each scavenge is telling us to do (some are written like riddles) and then decide how to go about it. Each one is worth a varying amount of points based on its difficulty. It would be impossible to do all of them so the trick appears to be to find what you can do (and what you want to do) and then map out where each one is. This has been Rainey and Zoe’s (winning) strategy. You can’t use any internet. Sadly, my ingenious is directly linked to the internet and I’m no good with maps. Travis is really going to have to pull the weight for our team.
I didn’t take many pictures in San Fran and although I’m dying to take a picture of the oddity that is this airplane row I’m currently in the middle of….I’m not. But brace yourself Hong Kong… for me and my big camera!, We are visiting an orphanage on our trip and we wanted to bring toys for them without bringing an extra bag. Always the packing wizard (especially for someone that hates to travel) my mother got them all into one of those vacspace bags (as seen on TV!) So here you have 40 beanie babies and 10 nerf footballs. No joke. It’s heavy but it’s as flat as a Sunday newspaper. Here’s hoping beanie babies fluff well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment